OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum
 
 [Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

SOLVED database problem

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
STEVENSMITH100
General User
General User


Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 45
Location: United States

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: SOLVED database problem Reply with quote

I had a system “fried” by power surge last week (I have a surge protector... when your hot your hot).
It was a “company” p/c running with X/P
As I have my own p/c running on VISTA and could get to the files on the “fried” system I moved the project to my system to save some time.

I can open and access the database and update it using the form's so I can say the database is o.k.

However when I run any macro (which were working) I get “NoSuchElementException”
on the “getByName” statement
I was using OpenOffice 3.4 on the X/P system and have LibreOffice 3.3 on the Vista system
I was using java JRE 1.6.0.33 on the X/P system working toward installing Oracle Report Builder
I have java 1.6.0-05 on the Vista System (got that info from LibreOffice installation instructions)
One point I found stated I needed to register the DB so I did (didn't help).

I don't know what else to do. Any ideas???


Context=CreateUnoService("com.sun.star.sdb.DatabaseContext")
ON Local ERROR GOTO ERROR1
DB = Context.getByName("N_CENTRAL_DIRECTORY")

Steven


Last edited by STEVENSMITH100 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Sliderule
Super User
Super User


Joined: 29 May 2004
Posts: 2499
Location: 3rd Rock From The Sun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said / asked:

STEVENSMITH100 wrote:
I can open and access the database and update it using the form's so I can say the database is o.k.

One point I found stated I needed to register the DB so I did (didn't help).

How are you sure you registered the database correctly, both:
  1. With the same name ( you said: N_CENTRAL_DIRECTORY ) . . . where this is the exact name ( including CASE - UPPER / Mixed / lower case letters ) you registered
  2. the location where the database file exists ( directory and file name )

If you use OpenOffice / LibreOffice Help ( F1 ) for topic: registering;databases (Base) where it says:

Base Help: registering;databases (Base) wrote:

Registering and Deleting a Database

Data from any database file can be registered to OpenOffice.org. To register means to tell OpenOffice.org where the data is located, how it is organized, how to get that data, and more. Once the database is registered, you can use the menu command View - Data source to access the data records from your text documents and spreadsheets.

To register an existing database file:

  1. Choose Tools - Options - OpenOffice.org Base - Databases.
  2. Click New and select the database file.
I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know.

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your first post Title ( edit button ) if your issue has been fixed / resolved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group