OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Greets everyone!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tacoshell
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Greets everyone! Reply with quote

I just wanted to say that I love OOo, and I hope that you can come up with some innovations that aren't MS Office copycats. I think that expanded dictionary and thesaurus features would be huge as Microsoft doesn't offer them.
__
US patent # 4608259: "The pocket front and back sheets and the overwrap sheet are preferably integrally formed from one generally rectangular blank of paper material."
George Politis
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Greets everyone! Reply with quote

tacoshell wrote:
I just wanted to say that I love OOo...

Well let's just say that I use it because I hate it less than I hate the alternatives.

It's still got heaps of bugs (just go to http://www.openoffice.org and check out the defect lists!), and many features aren't done right. Cross-referencing and bibliographies for instance are easier and/or more functional in other word processors. I have suggested it to people at work, and while some people have liked it, the clear majority prefer MSWord.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: