OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Open Office 3.4.1 keeps crashing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SveinD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Open Office 3.4.1 keeps crashing Reply with quote

I need help to keep my Open Office working.

Recently it has been very frustrating to use OO as it keeps crashing.

When it started crashing I deleted the installation, downloaded a new version and installed it, and while it worked for a couple of weeks today it started to crash every minute.

A possible cause is that some weeks ago I started a database project, but run into problems and abandoned it and thought I deleted all generated files, but when OO crashes it lists a file "New Database. odb" as one of the files that crashed, but it cannot be recovered. I have search the whole hard disk for this file to delete it, but cannot find it anywhere.

Would anyone have a clue where to look for this file, or better what can I do to keep Open Office working?
thomasjk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest the newer forum http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/index.php . See this search there http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/search.php?keywords=apache+3.4+crash&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search . You will have to register to post there.
SveinD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you thomasjk, I'll follow through on that.

I have also discovered that when I searched for the "lost" New Database.odb file that I had mistyped the extension name and a new search revealed two files/two locations with that name and deleting them seems to have cured the problem.
jbarton

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: OO keeps crashing Reply with quote

I have a new Lenovo computer with Win 7. Installed OO 3.4.1. It kept crashing. Never had that problem on my previous Dell & XP. I have done two things which seem to have corrected the problem:

Somehow PowerNap [a Dell piece designed to dim the monitor] got installed on my Lenovo. I removed it and believe that is what solved the problem.

I also set LVT so that it does load at start up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: