OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Text looks wrong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Text looks wrong Reply with quote

I have OOo1.0.1 on SuSE, three machines, comes with the distro. The fonts antialias fine. But when I try to upgrade to 1.0.2 Linux, many fonts are thick, black, unacceptable on the screen. Any suggestions? Please???!!!
ftack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am giving here te excerpt from the page "fabulous fonts in Linux" (http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/27788.html)

"For OpenOffice.org you need to install the fonts again manually. Go to your OO.o directory and execute the file, spadmin. Go to Fonts, Add, and choose the source directory, /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype. When the fonts are visible in the window, click on 'Select All' and then 'OK'. You'll then be given a choice of copying the fonts to your OO.o directory or linking to them. Either will work."

Perhaps this is all you need. Keep us posted!
WilliamRoddy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Didn't work Reply with quote

I tried this fix and a number of others and so far, the text in OOo1.0.2 still doesn't look the same (or as nice) as 1.0.1 that installs with the SuSE system. I know there's just got to be something I don't know or don't understand or am doing wrong. That's the way it always is, ultimately. HELP!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: