OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

JDBC works in 1.1.3 but not 1.9.58 (or 1.9.60)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daxid1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: JDBC works in 1.1.3 but not 1.9.58 (or 1.9.60) Reply with quote

When I install 1.9.58 get the following error:
javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!

What's weird is that when I opened Tools --> Options --> Java for the first time, it shows that it is using the JRE installed on my system (j2re1.4.2_05). In addition, I've also pointed the OOo Class Path to the MySQL JDBC drivers. However, when I try and run the File --> Wizards --> Address Data Source --> Other external data source --> Settings, all of the JDBC options are greyed out and inactive. I can only assume this is because OOo is not able to use java and, therefore, JDBC is disabled. Anybody have any ideas why this is happening?

I'm running RH WS 3.0 and installed OOo 1.9.58 using the latest rpms for testing purposes. I am also running 1.1.3 and successfullly using JDBC to connect to a MySQL database.
daxid1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it out. You have to create a OOo database with File --> New --> Database in order to create a JDBC connection to an external DB. This did not work in 1.9.58 but does in 1.9.60.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: