OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Some Wishes for drawing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndrewDynamo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Some Wishes for drawing Reply with quote

I'm working now for some time with Drawing and I have some wishes/recomendations:
- lock object insertion. For example, when I have 10 blocks with some text, and I want to tie these blocks with connectors, I have to click 9 times for each line... Wish: with <shift><click> on connector/object (on the left), it stays inserting objects till you click mousepointer (left-upper corner)
- 2 toolbars for formating objects: text and shape. With above example, I can't easely change the text font of my selection (yes, via "character" I can...) because it only shows the shape bar
- "clone" function for object. When I want to copy-paste some text en put it in a copy/clone of an existing object, I first have to copy-paste the object, and then switch to my textsource again and copy my text and paste it in my drawing....

just some litle things that makes working easier... Smile
ftack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> - lock object insertion. For example, when I have 10 blocks with some text, and I want to > tie these blocks with connectors, I have to click 9 times for each line... Wish: with > <shift><click> on connector/object (on the left), it stays inserting objects till you click > mousepointer (left-upper corner)

Double-click the icon. Then it'll stick.

- 2 toolbars for formating objects: text and shape. With above example, I can't easely change the text font of my selection (yes, via "character" I can...) because it only shows the shape bar

I agree. You can click the text tool to obtain the text tools, but then you need to select all text in your object before applying a change.

- "clone" function for object. When I want to copy-paste some text en put it in a copy/clone of an existing object, I first have to copy-paste the object, and then switch to my textsource again and copy my text and paste it in my drawing....

Also on my wish list. This functionallity is there through the stylist, but for drawings, styles do in many instances make not much sense and are a tremendous overhead if it is just to have three object on a single drawing having a particular format.
krbolson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Wishes/Fixes for open Draw Reply with quote

I'm using oo1.0.3 and draw to make block diagrams. The auto-correct and auto-capitialization features are very annoying in this context, my alphas
keep turning into A's.. But auto-correct is clearly useful in Writer.
Is there any way to turn them OFF in Draw, but leave them on in Writer?

There are a number of other annoyances as well. Coloring characters takes
a lot of clicking and fonts sometimes change when pasted into Writer.

But all in all, this is something I find very useful.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Some Wishes for drawing Reply with quote

AndrewDynamo wrote:
I'm working now for some time with Drawing and I have some wishes/recomendations:
- lock object insertion. For example, when I have 10 blocks with some text, and I want to tie these blocks with connectors, I have to click 9 times for each line... Wish: with <shift><click> on connector/object (on the left), it stays inserting objects till you click mousepointer (left-upper corner)
- "clone" function for object. When I want to <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">copy</b>-<B style="color:black;background-color:#99ff99">paste</b> some text en put it in a <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">copy</b>/clone of an existing object, I first have to <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">copy</b>-<B style="color:black;background-color:#99ff99">paste</b> the object, and then switch to my textsource again and <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">copy</b> my text and <B style="color:black;background-color:#99ff99">paste</b> it in my drawing....

just some litle things that makes working easier... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: