OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

I lose my images!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nelsonpdm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: I lose my images!!!! Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm a biggener in impress and I use the OO1.1 version on a Xp workstation, i work on a Novelle Network and i make a presentation, like usually (inser a picture from file..) , The pictutre where in the network place. All the presentation contain 40 pages and 40 differents pictures and suddenly i lost all my pictures, i only got a frame in place of the pictures. please help me!!!!! Shocked
dpeach
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been fixed in a more recent version (1.1.3 is current), but the workaround is to make sure you do not start with the wizard to create your show.

When you go to start creating a show it will pop up the wizard to help walk you through this. If there is an option on that wizard screen to do so, turn it off. (You may have to hit create for it to read the fact that you want to turn it off. Then start again with another show without the wizard popping up this time). Then you should be able to create your show and not loose your images.

If you have alot of text, you can copy and paste your current into a new presentation that was not started with the wizard. Then pop in your images. If it is just images, you need to recreate the show from scratch.

There may be an easier way, but that is the way I would do it. I am pretty confident that is why your images disappeared and it should be the answer to keeping them from vanishing in the future.

dpeach
sichen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: I've had this problem too Reply with quote

I've had this problem too with one of my presentations. After a couple of days of effort, I realized that every time I saved my presentation, afterwards it would lose half the images. The "workaround" was to save, close, re-open each time I had to save.

Are they fixing this in OO 2.0? Does anyone know?
joerg04
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@sichen (quite old thread Wink )
I had a similar problem with OOo < 1.1.3. But since I use 1.1.4 on WinXP and 1.1.3-7 on Linux it's possible for me (also with the wizard) to create sxi files with much more then 60 pictures (jepg, png).

one should also check if the file size remained the same because it's possible that the image hide button was pushed (don't ask me where he is, I just know that there is one).

RKWard: http://rkward.sourceforge.net/
sidux: http://sidux.com/index.html
Musix: http://musix.org.ar/en/index.html
DannyB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure you are not inserting Linked images into your document.

Check the Edit --> Links dialog box. If there are any links, you should break the links so that the graphic actually lives in the document rather than as a link to a graphic somewhere else on your disk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: