OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Getting a new style to show up in the Apply Style Box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdoor
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Getting a new style to show up in the Apply Style Box Reply with quote

I'd like to use customized bullets in a document. I certainly can, but I have to go to Stylist to select it each time. It seems that if I use a style in a document, shouldn't it be an "Applied Style" and show up in the "Apply Style" box in the upper left corner so that I can easily click on it each time I want to use it after I've used it once? Any time I use the customized bullet style, it shows up only as a modification of the "Default" style and that is the only style that ever is displayed.

Roy from Iowa
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will assume that through the stylist you are selecting a bullet style like List 4.

Go to the Stylist and pick a style in the automatic section of Paragraph styles that you don't ordinarily use - perhaps Complimary Close. Right click > Modify > Numbering tab and select List 4.

If you like how this works then do this in a blank doc and save as your Default Template then the style will remain with this setup. If you want it always available in the Applied Style box of a new doc then in a new doc do Insert > Section, apply the style in the section and use the Navigator to hide that section. Save this as your Default Template.

See Help for Default Template if needed.
rdoor
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It took awhile to figure out the "Hiding" sections business, but it seems to be OK now.

Roy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: