OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

BUG: MS SQL via ADO repeats 1st record in all Queries!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
COMALite J

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: BUG: MS SQL via ADO repeats 1st record in all Queries! Reply with quote

I have verified this behavior using the Data Sources dialog in OOo 1.1.3 and 1.1.4, and in the OOo 1.9.65 Base program as well, all under Windows 98 SE. This is a serious bug!

Basically, connecting to a remote MS SQL Server 2000 database via ADO OLEDB ("PROVIDER=sqloledb;...") and then executing any Query (whether built with the graphical tools or by manual SQL entry) against any Table, View, or Joined combination, that should return multiple records, instead returns only the first record, and repeats it over and over again! This continues to at least the current record count of the source Recordset.

The very same Queries work fine if the connection is done via ODBC instead, but that is considerably less efficient and flexible. ADO OLEDB is much preferred.

I suspect that the ADO connection isn't properly incrementing the SQL Server Recordset Cursor.

This needs to be fixed ASAP!
bear454

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue, with OOo 2.0 RC, on Windows XP Pro.
hannibal
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar experience too, using ADO connect to MS-Access , while updated the data and reload the form, the first record in the gridcontrol, sometimes display mistake, but move the record pointer forward or backward,it will display normally again .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: