OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Updating linked data from calc in a text document

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
new63

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Updating linked data from calc in a text document Reply with quote

I am a new user of Openoffice and am trying to figure out how to link a calc spreadsheet to a text document such that when the spreadsheet is updated, I can automatically update the text document.

I know how to link the spreadsheet to the text document but can't figure oiut how to allow for updating of the data.

I have been searching the web for hours for a solution.

Thanks in advance for your help.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I know how to link the spreadsheet to the text document
Actually there are several different things you can do with differing results.

To get results that automatically update select the portion of your Calc doc that you want to view in Writer. Copy it and do a Paste Special - DDE link. This will by default update automatically but you can change this to manual at Edit > Links.

What you can not seem to do at Edit > Links is redefine and increase the portion of the Calc doc originally selected though it appears to let you do so. I originally selected A1:D6 then tried to redefine this to A1:D8 without success. You can decrease the viewed data but apparently not the view table size.

If you want to get some controll over the size of the table that displays your Calc data insert a frame in your Writer doc and do your Paste Special into it so you can manipulate the size and other properties of the frame.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: