OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Opening OpenOffice Writher with a new document screen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
honingbij

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Opening OpenOffice Writher with a new document screen. Reply with quote

After a lot of effort I succeeded in installing OpenOffice 1.1.4 Dutch edition in Mandrake 10.1 Linux. Everything works fine. The only thing what is annoing me and I am struggeling for 2 days now is that when I open OpenOffice writher I get a rather plain screen. Every time I have to go from File or start to new and open a new document. What I want is that when I open OpenOffice writher It will straight open a new document screen. I lookd and lookd through different kind of setting but could not find where to set this issue straight. For sure someone whill now the answer to this, I will be graitfull

Hans

Last edited by honingbij on Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
ftack

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should start Openoffice with the command "soffice -writer". Currently, you might be starting it just wth "soffice", in which case it loads, but without any blank document open. Similar commands, "soffice -calc" "... -math" etc. start up different components of OOo. Command switches are documented in setup.pdf that comes with the isntallation archive of OOo.
honingbij

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. I found it. In the file OpenOffice 1.1.4 there iis in the file programs swriter, scalc, simpress etc. Now I can make through the Mandrake Configuration Screen the right connections. Thanks very much. I my own accord I would have searching in the settings of the program itself.

Hans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: