OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Problem in saving the keybord configuration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean-Luc Delmas
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Problem in saving the keybord configuration Reply with quote

I would like to assign different macros of a specific document to shortcut keys.
(OO1.1 Windows98 StarBasic)

As it is specified in the help file of the IDE :
I selected "Calc",
assigned the keys to the macros,
stored the keybord configuration into my document file.

But when I reopen this file, the configuration is not loaded, and wha is more, the standard configuration is lost (for example the right kee does nothing).

This file contains a lot of macros, and I suspected a bug. But I did the same with a new file and got the same result. A few weeks ago, the same procedure worked normally.

I don't understand what has happenned since. Who can help me ?
R H Topics

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that your global/standard configuration file for the Calc application has been corrupted.

For my computer using Windows 98 and OpenOffice.org1.1.1, the global configuration file named calckeybinding.xml is located in:

c:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org1.1.1\user\config\soffice.cfg\

Possible solutions to restore Calc global configuration file:

If you have a backup of your hard drive files before you started having problems, try restoring calckeybinding.xml from your backup.

If no backup file is available or using the backup file did not solve your problem, try using the Reset button located in the lower right portion of the Configuration dialog box. After clicking the OK button, this should restore the keyboard shortcuts back to their original settings.

If neither of the above two options worked for you, then run OpenOffice.org Setup located in c:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org1.1.1 to restore OpenOffice.org to its original settings.

Hopefully after restoring your Calc global configuration file, you will be able to store custom keyboard configurations with individual files.
BookLady
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspect that you saved your macros under the global setting instead of the specific setting. After you get things reinstalled to recover the global settings be very careful about where you put the macros. They must be in their own module. Not in the Standard > Module 1> Main library. Instead make a new one under the Standard > New name..

If you only need a particular macro on a particular sheet you can even give it a module for that sheet.

Then when you go t assign them to keys be careful not to assign to keys the program uses for something else.

This was really confusing at first but if I can figure it out you can Rolling Eyes
Jean-Luc Delmas
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you R H Topics for your reply. I did what you suggested :

First, I used the Reset button of the Configuration dialog box.
The keybord configuration was reset. I then assigned the macro to a key and stored the configuration again, with the Calc option, on the spreadsheet document. And closed the document

When I reopened the document, the precedent configuration was still lost : right key does not work any more for example.

Second, I restored Open Office and did the same, and .... got the same result !

Thank you BookLady for your reply. I did not know that the location of the macro in the Stadard.Module 1 instaed of MyNewModule could have an effect.

But When i did the second test indicated above, i created a new macro in a new module, and got the same ...

Fortunately, since my first post, I managed to assign macros to shortcutkeys by a macro with a listener.

I was helped by Andrew Pitonyak in "Useful Macro Information For OpenOffice" , chapter 10.2.

He gives an example from Paolo Mantovani which works perfectly.

Thank you Andrew and Polo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: