OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

OOo is slow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbh
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: OOo is slow Reply with quote

I have it set for quick start, this helps a little but in general its just slow to open document, some times when I type it has to catch up, The menus don't drop down upon the click it takes a moment sometimes. Is this normal? Is there anything that I can do?
Thank you RBH
joeclark
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had similar problems to a small degree, but it hasn't been enough to cause any major strife for me, and newer versions seem to run more smoothly I think. It probably depends to a large extent on your system configuration....like, how fast is your CPU? How much RAM? anything else running in the background stealing processor time?

I have been concerned I guess that things like OpenOffice and Firefox just suck RAM like nuthin'..a few tens of MB here, a few tens of MB there...I guess that's the price to pay for cool free software, but it does lead to some performance issues I think. I'm no expert though, so someone else may be better able to diagnose your particular issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: