OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

date functions question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wnellen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: date functions question Reply with quote

Hi,
Being totally new to the whole Calc thing, I have a question that involves dates. I havea column with dates, which is column A.
Next column is column B (of course) in where I type a money amount.
Now what I would like to do is make a formula in column C , which will sum the amount (in column B)for the month of (for example) januari, from column A (which eventually also has the other months) so I want to include Januari, but exclude the other months. I have column A set as a date column, column B as currency.
Later on in the year this formula has to work also with the other months, by simple adjusting the formula to the needed months.

Please help.

Thanks, Will.
Iannz
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several ways of doiong what you want. I suggest checking out data piilots as way of easily summarising your data. There is also sumif and dsum functions. You may find the problem easier to tackle if you introduce another column in which you use the month formula.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_development_basic a wiki about writing OpenOffice.org extensions.
carl
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try Col d = Month(a1) and then use datapilot to classify by month number as it appears in col d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: