OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Use function variable outside of function?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwissMac
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Use function variable outside of function? Reply with quote

I have a function that creates a result that I wish to use outside of the function. How do I do this please?

The function works well and is used to identify the date of the last weekday of any particluar month (therefore avoiding weekend dates that will have no data) to use in a SELECT query to a MySQL database. After the date has been identified I want to use it to look up the appropriate data values and insert them into cells in a Calc spreadsheet. At the moment, although I get the correct date, it cannot be used outside of the function - what should I do to enable this, please?

I have had a look for Global variables and found some interesting links, but would appreciate some pointers and hints to make sure I am looking in the right direction.

TIA

Mac
Sibi Unnithan
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mac,

See the discussion towards the end of this post
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=15116

Have fun,
Sibi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: