OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Opening mail merge documents created in MS Word

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmgdj

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: Opening mail merge documents created in MS Word Reply with quote

After trying to create a mail merge document over and over again I still don't seem to be able to establish a connetion between the text document and the spreadsheet file that holds the data. For some reason I can't browse through my files when I choose 'Tools' ('Extra' in Dutch) and then choose 'Data sources' ('Gegevensbronnen' in Dutch) when I press the button to the right of the field calles 'Data Source URL' (Dutch: 'Gegevensbronnen URL').

I have also tried to open a mail merge document created in MS Word. But the program can't find the data source. Can anyone help?

I already used help functions like: http://ooodocs.sourceforge.net/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=9 (Writer Getting Started. How to do a Mail Merge from a Calc spreadsheet).

Kind regards, DJ
dfrench

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A search through this forum will reveal many people who have been in your situation ... you are not alone. Also, the instructions do work Very Happy To give yourself the best chance, make sure that you are using the most current version of OOo available.

Quote:
For some reason I can't browse through my files when I choose 'Tools' ('Extra' in Dutch) and then choose 'Data sources' ('Gegevensbronnen' in Dutch) when I press the button to the right of the field calles 'Data Source URL' (Dutch: 'Gegevensbronnen URL').
If the Database Type is 'spreadsheet' then you should be able to browse through all your filespace using the standard 'open' dialog ... if you really can't and you are on version 1.1 ... try reporting a bug/issuzilla by registering at www.openoffice.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: