OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Search & Replace nonprintable characters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ricardog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Search & Replace nonprintable characters Reply with quote

Hi:
The only reason that I have not migrated yet to OpenOffice Writer is that I use a lot the feature of searching and replacing nonprintable characteres. Although I found some parcial answers in this forum, I'm looking for a feature like this in OO or, at least, a script that allows me... well... searching and replacing nonprintable characters.
I'll appreciate any idea or solution.
Thank you and best regards Smile
goa103
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Search & Replace nonprintable characters Reply with quote

Ricardog wrote:
The only reason that I have not migrated yet to OpenOffice Writer is that I use a lot the feature of searching and replacing nonprintable characteres. Although I found some parcial answers in this forum, I'm looking for a feature like this in OO or, at least, a script that allows me... well... searching and replacing nonprintable characters.
I'll appreciate any idea or solution.

What kind of non-printable characters would you like to search & replace ? There are already some solutions to replace row break and paragraph characters for example. For example I needed a macro to paste text as plain text without OOo replacing row breaks by paragraph characters... and I decided to develop the Insert text clipboard as new lines macro. Search for search replace on the code snippets forum and you will find other solutions and macros. I also remember a macro that allows you to search & replace any characters, you will probably find in the code snippets forum or on OOoMacros.

Last edited by goa103 on Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
8daysaweek.co.uk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try: http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/hillview/OOo/IannzFindReplace.sxw

HTH Smile,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: