OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

New Oldie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ABaseKey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: New Oldie Reply with quote

Hello,
I have used oo before, about 2 years ago but had to wait until developments progressed to what it is now.
Before I re-download and re-install I need to know a few basic things if they have changed.

I remeber the calc and the database was an all in one, thing. And I could not, or did not have time to get right into it due to compromising aspects with time and what I had which would have compromised work this end.
Sorry
Embarassed

But stayed intouch.
The interim question before I try the transition again, is the database and the spreadsheets seperate or still the same as it was in version 1.0 ?

2. have recording of macro's advanced

3. I have noticed some support in Java scripting, but my projects are run by scripting
in BASIC. Is there a "connection" with oo and BASIC or has it the potential to try stuff with oo and BASIC ?

This help would be greatly appreciated.

Basicaly that;s it for now. but will download and install the latest in the mean.
BookLady
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and no and go for it but wait a while. Twisted Evil

Version 1.1.4 is stable and fantastic at what it does, but the questions you raise are still being worked on.

Version 2 which is due sometime soon is supposed to be addressing those questions. But this is going to be a major upgrade and is still being developed. The 1.9 numbers available are beta or test or working or whatever you want to call them. If you are brave and knowledgable have at it. Maybe you can help iron out some of the problems.

The version of Basic you need to look at is StarBasic rather than MSBasic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: