OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Text to Columns Macro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culpeper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Text to Columns Macro Reply with quote

I installed the text to columns macro (not the fixed width macro) and it doesn't work or I'm not doing something correct. As far as I know it is installed correctly.

Tools
Macros
Macro
Organizer
Libraries
Append

The zip file comes with several folders. One is named "Text to Columns" This is the folder with the BASIC files to install from the Append option.

Problem is there are several macros to choose from for the "Text to Columns" macro itself. None of which seem to work for me.

Also, seems this should be an option under Data menu like in Excel. It is used quite a bit in audit accounting when taking accounting ledgers from a text delimited file and so forth and converting to Excel for work papers. I am aware of saving a file into CSV format and then opening Calc but it is not as convenient as the Excel built-in function.

Nevertheless, I would like to at least figure out what is going wrong with the "Text to Columns" macro.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: