OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Question about 643C version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nosebleed
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Question about 643C version Reply with quote

Hi,
I just installed the 643C version and I noticed that in the customizing toolbar dropbox there is a selection for a database bar. Now I can't find this toolbar anywhere. Is there supposed to be a database program in the 643C version, or was this some kind of preparation for a database program in a future version, or is it just used for StarOffice database imports?
rhone
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're brave. Smile

I haven't tried the developer release yet but as far as I know, there hasn't been any work on an OOo database. I would think the toolbar is there to help work with linked data sources.
nosebleed
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say brave, it's alot more interesting to use! Besides there's a saying: "What's the point of living if you can't feel alive?"
redndahead
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the 600 paths are directly in relation to StarOffice. My guess is that is what it is for.
anvilsoup
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its still there. Go to View -> Data Sources. Or just hit F4.
bartgymnast
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

something about the developer version

is it so that a macro-recorder is build in???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lopi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: 643c: try it, seems stable /hehe sort of Reply with quote

Love the pdf export option they're implementing. have exported several simple word docs to pdf. Saves me from buying adobe acrobat even the relatively cheap academic version at my school for 50-60 bucks.
Option to save to pdb which is nice for my palm (although once transferred they get stuck with some ammended name in quickwrite or palm reader, have to manually change the name again.
The interface looks much much better than the 1.0 and 1.0.1 version, also the 1.0.2 version. WEnt to 1.0.2 but then switched back once I realized that it was a stablelizing version not a new feature (ie, pdf support) version. Which version will include pdf? 1.1?
lopi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 643c: try it, seems stable /hehe sort of Reply with quote

lopi wrote:
Love the pdf export option they're implementing. have exported several simple word docs to pdf. Saves me from buying adobe acrobat even the relatively cheap academic version at my school for 50-60 bucks.
Option to save to pdb which is nice for my palm (although once transferred they get stuck with some ammended name in quickwrite or palm reader, have to manually change the name again.
The interface looks much much better than the 1.0 and 1.0.1 version, also the 1.0.2 version. WEnt to 1.0.2 but then switched back once I realized that it was a stablelizing version not a new feature (ie, pdf support) version. Which version will include pdf? 1.1?

Forgot to mention that it also let me export a huge 1mb impress document to pdf. fittled with the pdf options on export and the image quality was better (avoid the webpage option if you need really good images, generic images ok for web quality).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: