OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Tab problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jinn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Tab problems Reply with quote

Hi,

I ran in to some strange troubles in Writer. Created a new document, wanted to intend the second line of writing by a tab. Prolem is, tab seems to be the width of the whole page. The new document seems to be missing tab things on the top bar where you set the text width etc. (hard to describe, I hope you know what I mean).

Seems that tabs are missing from documents using the default page template and only when I create them from Linux. There's another new document created from windows OO that has tabs.

Have tried looking through Tools -> Configuration & Tools -> Options, nothing there on how to set tab sizes.

Great if someone could help...
8daysaweek.co.uk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jinn,

Not sure exactly what your question is, but I'll take a guess Wink

There are many ways to insert tabs:
  • Top left of the window there is a black "L" indicating a Left Tab, clicking on this repeatedly cycles through the type of tabs available. Clicking in the ruler along the top inserts the tab you have selected for any highlighted text (or the line you are on).
  • Stylist (F11) > Right-click on paragraph name > modify > Tabs is my preferred method, this defines tabs for the specific paragraph style you choose.
  • Format > Paragraph > Tabs defines tabs for the current paragraph.

Once you have tabs the way you want them for a blank document, you could then save that as your default template (so that they are always available on any newly created document):
http://www.8daysaweek.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53

HTH Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: