OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

bringing up lines of text in a single slide on a mouse click

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Davis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: bringing up lines of text in a single slide on a mouse click Reply with quote

Hi All

I'm still suffering from a Microsoft hangover! We have Powerpoint at work but not at home. I'm wanting to create a presentation which has an empty slide to start with (apart from the title) onto which I will bring up lines of text as my presentation continues...I don't want to reveal all my answers at once! In Pp this would be done by animating in order each line of text created in its own text box. Similarly, I've created my lines of text in their own text boxes in Impress but I can't seem to get them to appear on a mouse click.
I really do need some help!
Thanks in anticipation.
John
yorick
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: bringing up lines of text in a single slide on a mouse c Reply with quote

John Davis wrote:
Hi All

I'm still suffering from a Microsoft hangover! We have Powerpoint at work but not at home. I'm wanting to create a presentation which has an empty slide to start with (apart from the title) onto which I will bring up lines of text as my presentation continues...I don't want to reveal all my answers at once! In Pp this would be done by animating in order each line of text created in its own text box. Similarly, I've created my lines of text in their own text boxes in Impress but I can't seem to get them to appear on a mouse click.
I really do need some help!
Thanks in anticipation.
John

Hi John,

You don't say which version you're using so I'll give you both Smile
In the 1.9.x series Go to the "custom animation" menu in the right hand side panel. Select the text that you want to transition in. Then click add and select what sort of transition you want.

In the 1.1.x series click on the "Animation effects" button (The little comet thing near the bottom on the side bar)Click the "text effects" tab, then the open the dropdown and select the type of transition you want.

In both versions It's not necessary to select the whole line, just a few characters, then OOo will assign the animation to that line. You have to select some of the text tho, If you just put the cursor in the text field, OOo will apply the animation to the entire field. Neither version gives a hoot about bullets, OOo only recognises lines so if a bullet point has two lines of text be sure you select both lines.

Its unnecessary to put your text in separate text boxes. OOo works on lines of text so they don't even have to be bullets.

Download this file to see how it's done
http://www.nettrash.com/users/yorick/line_animation.sxi

Cheers
Yo

http://www.ooogear.co.nz

OOo M237 on OpenSuSE 10.3, SLED10, Win2K, WinXP
John Davis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: bringing up lines of text in a single slide on a mouse click Reply with quote

Yo

Many thanks....problem solved. In fact, I was the problem. I'm using a laptop and a tap on the touchpad is not the same as using the down key....funnily enough, it is in powerpoint.

Again thanks

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: