OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Insert drawing element via macro in Write

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LDMartin1959
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Insert drawing element via macro in Write Reply with quote

Using Write, I have created a standard design for page breaks in a set of documents which involves a space between paragraphs, and a custom line shape created with the drawing tools in Write. Below is a rough idea of what I want the final layout to be:

stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff.

stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff.

The line is a black line (again, created with the drawing tools in Write, not one of the gallery horizontal rules) which extends across the center of the column (sorry, that does not show above cuz I can not get the HTML codes to take in this forum), though not completly across the column width. A line created using the 'underscore' charactor has been suggested elsewhere, but does not match the look we have established for the documents.

At present, I find myself having to copy/paste the line from another document/location each time it occurs. I tried to make a style which would have automatically inserted the line in the break area as a part of the following paragraph style (a method which I had previously used in WordPerfect). Apprantly, a style can not incorporate a 'non-text related' element so that method is not an option in OO.

So, I am wondering how I could get a macro to at least insert the line element with the predefined custom length/width/color/et cetera characteristics which we have estatblished as the standard for these documents?

Thanks.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread should have the macro you need:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=14979
LDMartin1959
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooo. Someone throw me a life-preserver--I think I just jumped into the deep end of the pool by mistake !!! It's gonna take me awhile to wade through all this, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the link.
Cybb20
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny, I haven't heard the name life-preserver since the last time I watched Back to the Future Smile.

Christian
pitonyak
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you own my book (not the free document), there is a nice small example of this on page 239.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LDMartin1959
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you own my book (not the free document), there is a nice small example of this on page 239.

Interestingly enough, I've seen this book on-line before and have been curious about it, but never quite convinced myself to purchase it sight-unseen. Maybe I'll have to take the plunge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: