OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Font location for the Windows and Install Program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cslibby

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Font location for the Windows and Install Program Reply with quote

I have been searching the web, Docs, and any where else for the place the office program looks for the default fonts. I went into the setup program, have browesed through miriades of files in both my 1.0.1 version install and my 1.0.2 install, have compared files, and I can not find where the fonts are for the Menu Items, not the documents, but the actual program menus. When I go in to the fonts substitution area, I can not even see the apply button the default font is to spread out. I had this problem back in star office 5.0 on a linux SuSE box, now I wanted to upgrade to OO 1.0.2 on my RH8.0 machine. The install was beautiful on my windows machine, but the fonts were so streched out it is hard to read the installation on my RH box. The program runs right, but I need to change the program fonts for the 1.0.2 installation. Any Ideas? Please!!!!!
I need to prove a point that OpenOffice works with the Windows Stuff.
If your problem has been solved please add "[Solved]" to the beginning of your first post title (edit button).
ftack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I obtained perfect results on my Mandrake 9 system (family of your RH Cool with the page "Fabulous Fonts in Linux". You'll find it readily with Google.
cslibby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Fonts for Menu Items on Open Office Reply with quote

I was able to install the FreeType on the machine. I used the latest and it makes some difference in the office menu fonts, but it did not cure the problem. I now can see the entire button in preferences (Before, I could not see the "reset" button), but the fonts still do not look right in the Menus. I do have this as a part of a bug on issuezilla for OO, but I have seen no response. This font issue is part of the install process. Thanks for the help. It will make it much more usable until I get it completely resolved. I am copying my ttf fonts from windows to see if they might help too.
If your problem has been solved please add "[Solved]" to the beginning of your first post title (edit button).
cslibby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Font Fix Reply with quote

I copied all the fonts from my windows box into the two directories used in the Procedures. The fonts are fixed. This is awesome. Once I put the Windows fonts in the system, Open Office looked like a regular program. I can understand why this is and issue with installation. How do we get it to use a better font for substitution during and affter installation if we do not have the windows fonts? That is a question for the experts, of which I am not one. One day maybe!!!
itareps
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: OOo site answers Reply with quote

I don't have the problem (an M$ user); but the following links seem to adress the problem
http://www.openoffice.org/FAQs/mostfaqs.html (look at last (but not least) FAQ)

It links to Font trouble shooting guide at
http://www.openoffice.org/FAQs/fontguide.html

which has topics User interface font looks garbled , Changing the user interface fon and Reporting a font related bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: