OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

unrecoverable error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sathyanr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: unrecoverable error Reply with quote

hi everyone. im kinda new to this OOO so please bare with me. anyway, i'll get straight into my question here. Recently, i have installed OOO version 1.0.1 running on windows XP and it worked fine for couple of weeks, but lately, whenever i tried to open up a file, i.e. test.sdc, im getting an error message as follows :

"An unrecoverable error has occured. All modified files have been saved and can probably be recovered at program restart."

After that, the application quits and i have to redo all my work. im also unable to save the file whenever i made any small changes.

Can anyone please pelase help me on this? I appreciate your help. Thank You.[/b]
dfrench

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your problems will probably go away with a more recent release ... I would suggest the latest available 1.1RC3 at time of writing. Any problems that remain will be easier to resolve as well!
andyhold

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same problem with the latest (RC3) and the latest stable releases.
andyhold

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now sorted this problem on my PC. I renamed my documents & settings folder, and soffice started ok. This could be due to many things - you could first try deleting your printers - before renaming the folder.
f.boelstler@web.de

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: unrecoverable error Reply with quote

andyhold wrote:
Now sorted this problem on my PC. I renamed my documents & settings folder, and soffice started ok. This could be due to many things - you could first try deleting your printers - before renaming the folder.

I am glad I found someone with the same error.

How did you do this?
In Open Office or in the system?
In OOo tools options?

sometimes I get the error:
either another instance of OPorg is accessing your personal settings or your personal settings are locked.
simultaneous access can lead to inconsitencies in your personal settings. Before continuing you should make sure user Frank closes OOo on host Frank
Do you really want to continue?

please help?
TomG
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: unrecoverable error Reply with quote

hi!

Quote:
either another instance of OPorg is accessing your personal settings or your personal settings are locked.
simultaneous access can lead to inconsitencies in your personal settings. Before continuing you should make sure user Frank closes OOo on host Frank

please help?

first that comes to my mind reading this: are you sure you don't have a virus/worm? Confused
or did you install with the option -net or without (for multiuser-environment - i understand that you work with WinXP)? Confused

tom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: unrecoverable error Reply with quote

f.boelstler@web.de wrote:
andyhold wrote:

I am glad I found someone with the same error.

How did you do this?
In Open Office or in the system?
In OOo tools options?

please help?
maxd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the error accessing OO1.1 on Windows Terminal. I don't recall a multiuser selection during a basic install, will need to research
Luke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting the same error each time one of my users logs on to the Terminal Server. I never got the error with OpenOffice 1.0.3, but now I do. I just did an upgrade of that installation and now I get the error. It doesn't cause problems when they use OpenOffice, it's just annoying answering 5 calls a day telling them that the error will not crash the system...any ideas on how to fix this?
TomG
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi!

Luke wrote:
I am getting the same error each time one of my users logs on to the Terminal Server. I never got the error with OpenOffice 1.0.3, but now I do. I just did an upgrade of that installation and now I get the error. It doesn't cause problems when they use OpenOffice, it's just annoying answering 5 calls a day telling them that the error will not crash the system...any ideas on how to fix this?

if your problem persists, maybe you've forgotten to call the installation script by adding "-net" as a switch (option) - read the online manual: http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/instructions.html#linux

but you're right, this option is not mentionend here as far as i'm concerned. i've got another source (alas, a german one: http://de.openoffice.org/doc/setupguide/1.1/installations_handbuch.html): there it is said, you have to start the setup procedure for multiuser-environments (*nixe and windows nt/2000/xp) by calling "setup -net" as the system administrator (root). The programs of Oo1.1 (swriter...) will be only installed system-wide! Thereafter a "normal" user has to log in and start the "setup" (you should make a link for the user) to start the "workstatation installation". it only copies about 2MBs of data into the users home-directory.

After that it should work - at least that's how i've done it and it works fine. btw: i never trust "update"-routines, i've always done a clean, fresh install!

good luck,

tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: