OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

master view font change problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shimpe
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: master view font change problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I have tried about anything I could think of to change the default font for presentations
in the "master view -> title " view. Whatever I do, it always jumps back
to Helvetica. (I have tried the toolbar, the format -> character -> font dialog and the format -> stylist dialog).

Is there any way to change the fonts used in a presentation ?

For now I use a font replacement table: substitute Helvetica to Arial on the screen, but I would feel better if I could change the font itself. (So that the presentation displays properly on any computer with Arial font installed, as opposed to only my computer).

I am using the current openoffice package on Debian SID.

Thank you for any input,
Stefaan.
Grant.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:14 am    Post subject: Format->Styles->Slide Design. Reply with quote

Stefaan,

Select the fromat menu, then go to styles, then Slide design from there you appear to be able to alter the format of individual elements.

I'm using OOo 1.0.1 on Mandrake 9.0 so hopefully your version of OOo has the same feature.

Regards,

Grant.
shimpe
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Format->Styles->Slide Design. Reply with quote

Hi

From Format menu -> styles -> catalog it seems indeed I can change the fonts.

That is, the fonts seem to change in the presentation, but this change is still not
reflected in the master view... (which still claims the fonts are Helvetica, even when in the slide view the toolbar shows the font as "Arial"). I guess it's a bug.

It works enough to be useable though.

Thank you so much,
Stefaan.
Grant.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:59 am    Post subject: Works for me! Reply with quote

Stefaan,

Well I've changed the title to something suitably different and it displays in every view I can make. Debian SID appears to have OOo 1.1rc3 rather than the 1.0.1 I am using so perhaps the bug has been introduced in a later version.

Thanks for correcting me with the Format->Styles->Catalog, rather than Slide Design. I was trying to do it again and wondering if I had been seeing things!

Regards,

Grant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: