OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

fixed cursor position

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fred_astaire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: fixed cursor position Reply with quote

Hello!

Is ist possible to affix the cursor in OOo calc to the middle position of the (visible) table while scrolling through the table so that I can alway see the past 10, the current and next 10 values?
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: fixed cursor position Reply with quote

fred_astaire wrote:
Hello!

Is ist possible to affix the cursor in OOo calc to the middle position of the (visible) table while scrolling through the table so that I can alway see the past 10, the current and next 10 values?

Windows?

Since you are wanting to view 30 consecutive rows at a time, you can simply minimise your window to show only 30 rows. It might be difficult to see 30 columns, if you wanted that also, except by changing the View/zoom 50%, but print might be rather small.

David.
fred_astaire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: fixed cursor position Reply with quote

David wrote:
fred_astaire wrote:
Hello!

Windows?

Since you are wanting to view 30 consecutive rows at a time, you can simply minimise your window to show only 30 rows. It might be difficult to see 30 columns, if you wanted that also, except by changing the View/zoom 50%, but print might be rather small.

David.

That's not hte problem I mean. Maybe my problem description was bad.

What I mean is the following:

I dont want to move the cursor but the table. Currently the cursor scrolls down to the bottom of the visible table rows and then remains a the last row if I continue scolling. Therefore I can't see the next values but only the last ones.

If you prevent the (vertical) movement of the cursor by fixing its position to (some) row in the middle of the visible table you can always see the last the current and the next rows, okay?
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: fixed cursor position Reply with quote

fred_astaire wrote:
What I mean is the following:

If by "cursor" you mean outlined [selected] cell, then Iisee no way to accomplish this. The "cursor" [arrow] will remain where placed as the screen scrolls past it using up/down arrows, or page up /down. But I can not see what you want happening. Splitting the screen does something of what you might want, but is still not really what you are asking.

David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: