OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Printing doesnt span pages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psyon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Printing doesnt span pages. Reply with quote

I have a spreadsheet with about 100 rows, 3 columns each. When I try to sprint the sheet, it prints only the first 30-40 rows taht fit on oen page, and just keeps printing right down to the end of the sheet then stops. In order to print the whole sheet, I have to manually select ranages that fit on one sheet of paper, and print only the selection. Anyone else have this problem? Know a solution?
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Printing doesnt span pages. Reply with quote

psyon wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with about 100 rows, 3 columns each. When I try to sprint the sheet, it prints only the first 30-40 rows taht fit on oen page, and just keeps printing right down to the end of the sheet then stops. In order to print the whole sheet, I have to manually select ranages that fit on one sheet of paper, and print only the selection. Anyone else have this problem? Know a solution?

You can use View / Page Break Preview from the menu and drag page limits to set what is printed on one page. Why you are printing only one page is unclear, unless you are choosing that option in the print dialogue, which usually defaults to "all" in mine [Canon bubble jet.]

David.
Zarius
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If I understand pyson correctly, I too have this problem with OpenOffice 1.1.2 on Linux. The problem also applies to columns, ie. if you have a spreadsheet 50 columns wide it will still only print one page with the rest of the columns disappearing off the right-hand side. The printer is set to "All", so that isn't the issue.

Placing manual row & column breaks works fine, but the problem is that it's not placing any automatic page breaks at all - which means you have to add manual breaks to every spreadsheet you want to print, not very practical.

Unfortuantely I have yet to find a solution - perhaps upgrading will fix it (due to circumstances, we're stuck with this version for a while though - using an old version of StarOffice for Calc, which prints fine for now).
uros
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi psyon!
I previous posts didn't solve your problem, try this:

Format > Print ranges > Print range - select "-none-"

If you have more than one sheet in a document, now other problem can occur - all sheets will be printed. To prevent that:
Tools > Options > Spreadsheet > Print - select "Print only selected sheets"

Hope it helps!
Uros
Zarius
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops... there's always something one forgets to mention Smile I should have noted that this applies to all spreadsheets, print ranges or no - even freshly created spreadsheets.

I checked all my settings again just to be sure - no print ranges, both "Print only selected sheets." and "Suppress empty pages." (just be be sure) are both off (unticked).

If pyson's comment "just keeps printing right down to the end of the sheet then stops" is the same as mine, it's not just print ranges, since "end of the sheet" is literal in this case, it completely ignores the bottom (or right) margins (set to 2cm) - top and left are fine - in fact, if you have the footer turned on, the grid prints right over the top of the footer and keeps on going to the bottom of the page.
uros
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zarius!
Sorry, I didn't pay any attention to post dates, psyon's And David's are pretty old. Embarassed
About your problem - printing over bottom edge of paper. Could the reason for that be user defined paper format? I'm sure you already check that... Rolling Eyes You said there is no automatic page breaks, that brings me this idea.
Hope this will help!
Uros
Zarius
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi Zarius!
Sorry, I didn't pay any attention to post dates, psyon's And David's are pretty old.

No worries Smile
Quote:
About your problem - printing over bottom edge of paper. Could the reason for that be user defined paper format? I'm sure you already check that... You said there is no automatic page breaks, that brings me this idea.

Unfortunately that's not it Sad It's set to A4 paper, and the footer appears in the correct place for A4.

BTW: It's printing off the edge of the page in "Page Preview" as well, which I don't expect it should ever do, unless the margins were set to 0 or negative (I checked the margins, their fine, reset the page to A3 and then back to A4 too - no change, same problem in A3).
uros
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zarius!

I don't have any more brilliant ideas. Rolling Eyes
I run OOo 1.1.1b without these problems, so upgrade from 1.1.2 probably won't help. Of course you can try... 1.1.5 is on mirrors.
Uros
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="uros"]Hi Zarius!
Sorry, I didn't pay any attention to post dates, psyon's And David's are pretty old. Embarassed
/quote]

My embarassment. The computer clock had changed ...looking into that.

David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: