OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Use templates from word in oo writer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renuka
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Use templates from word in oo writer Reply with quote

hi,

pls tell me how i can use the ready templates available in word in my writer document (ooo ver 1.1.4, win2000)
theholycow
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your word templates will be in a folder somewhere, probably C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates or something like that.

Open them in OOo the way you open any other file, and they will (mostly) work fine, or copy them to OOo's templates folder, which may be something like C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 1.9.125\share\template\en-US.
Renuka
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: using word templates in oo Reply with quote

I already tried doing this. The prob comes in the variable text. Wherever it says “click HERE to enter address”, and I try to move to that area get a small box (tooltip) which says “StarOffice.Standard.Modul1.NoMacro”. The “click here…” becomes fixed text. Sad

could it be a problem with my installation of ms office or oo?
Gabor
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: macro incompatibility Reply with quote

If the templates are such "interactive" ones, they must contain macros. In MS templates they are obviously MS macros. OOo does not understand MS macros and vice versa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: