OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

argh copy and paste!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
officefriend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: argh copy and paste! Reply with quote

Dear OpenOffice developers,

Thank you very much for instituting such a wonderful project. However, I have a small complaint. The keyboard shortcuts for Copy and Paste are driving me crazy. (I'm using OS X version) Why are they contro-C and control-P instead of Apple-C and Apple-P? When I switch from TextEdit to OpenOffice I have to switch keyboard shortcuts. I know there is probably some way to customize these things but I am not that clever.

Please consider making Apple-C and Apple-P work!
Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a way to customize shortcut keys and you don't have to be clever at all. i even found out how!

i was looking in the tools menu and found out it is inside the configure option. then i went to the keyboard tab. it was kind of confusing at first but i found out how to change the keys for copy and paste.

go into the fuctions part at the bottom and select edit in the category. then select copy as the function. now go back up to the top to the shortcut keys and find and select the apply-c button and then press the modify button.

now do the same for the cut and paste buttons and you should be set. hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: