OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Easy way to add new font colors?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir_Stinksalot
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Easy way to add new font colors? Reply with quote

In Microsoft Office they have a nice feature with font colors. If you dont like the colors in the palatte you can click "More Colors" and create one quickly and use it. Is it possible I am not seeing this feature in OpenOffice 1.9.125 and its already there or is it not even possible.

If its not there might I suggest adding something similar. My wife may actually switch to OpenOffice.org with that being added or alternatively simple way.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks easy from Tools, Options, Colours, but it is not something I have used myself.
Sir_Stinksalot
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that is not difficult but it is very involved if you simply want to match a color quickly. For example in MS Office I can click on more colors which brings up a color selection tool that I can visually see the colors and add one quickly. Whereas in OpenOffice.org I must click Tools click Options click colors then guess as to what I need more of or look it up in an external program. then name it then click add then close the window then go to font colors select the color and then paint the text.

MS Office I just click font colors click add more colors click in the raindow near what I want and then click ok then paint my text. A lot less involved when you are doing many custom colrs or simply experimenting with a color. As it is now I prefer to just use GIMP to select colrs and such and forget OpenOffice.org as it complicates things.

I hope that OpenOffice will either add something like this in the future (gimp already has an nice color selector and its opensource) or find some other way to add colors more easily. This is especially important when trying to color coordinate a page for print.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: