OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Remove Macro in Excel File

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonwon
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Remove Macro in Excel File Reply with quote

I have transferred my OS to OpenOffice and Ubuntu. I am having one problem though, one of the Excel spreadsheets I use has an embedded macro in it that is not needed in OpenOffice Calc. So how do I remove this Excel macro so OpenOffice will stop asking me if I want to enable/disable macros when I open the file?

I did a search but didn't find an answer.

Thank you,
SonWon
noranthon
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three possible ways that occur to me. The first is to save the file as an .ods file. The macro will vanish.

Secondly, if you still have Excel somewhere, you can presumably use it to remove the macro.

Thirdly, change your security settings in Tools >Options >OOo : Security. Click on the button labelled "Macro Security". Alter the settings to suit your requirements. I have "medium security" with my main work directories listed as "trusted sources".
sonwon
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I saved the file as .ods and reloaded and saved as .xls. It worked the macro is scrubbed from the spreadsheet. I was looking for a way to delete the macro from the menus and never thought about saving as an .ods.

I recently dumped Windows XP for Ubuntu and I am still learning my way around Linux.

Thanks again,
SonWon
DiGro
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record:

Tools > Macro's > Organize macro's > OpenOffice.org Basic

In the left pane search for your document and click on the +-sign in front of it.
This will show at least the Standard library
See if anything is in or below the Standard. When you select that item you can delete it.

Windows 7 Home Premium and AOO 4.0.1 NL (Dutch)
sonwon
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

It had a Module 1 which contained nothing. Below that was a Module 2 that had the macro I could not find. Below that was Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc.. I now see I didn't look hard enough for the macro.

SonWon
noranthon
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so, I believe. Visual Basic macros do not appear in the OOBasic editor.
sonwon
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assure you under Module 2 I found the custom VB macro I had created.
MSCbuster
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: delete macro from xls spreadsheet Reply with quote

i copied the actions, tools, macros, organise macros, openoffice org basic, and deleted the ones shown for the file i was using, and as noranthon suggests, it didn't work. i still get an annoying box on opening saying macros exist and to either change my security settings, or proceed anyway without them. as i don't even know what the macros are supposed to do, i just want rid! incidentally, i had already saved it as an *.ods file.

can anyone help, please?
oyetkin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Removing a macro from OOCALC Reply with quote

Here's the solution:

To remove a Macro from an oocalc document, you have to go to Tools->Macros->Organize Macros->OpenOffice.org Basic. This will bring up the "OpenOffice.org Basic Macros" dialog.

THEN you have to click on "Organizer" which will bring up the "Macro Organizer" window listing all the modules. Find your document, expand everything under it, and delete whatever the dialog box will let you delete (probably "Module 1").

For some strange reason, you can delete individual macros, but you can't delete the "Module" containing your macros from the "Basic Macros" dialog...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: