OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Citation in the form of a superscript numeral

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
winalways

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Citation in the form of a superscript numeral Reply with quote

Hello!

I am preparing an article for a journal and a necessary condition there is the citation should be in the form of a superscript numeral. Whenever I try with default bibliography tools or with bibus, the style is author's name in brackets. I could not get the style required.

Can anyone suggest me?
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: Citation in the form of a superscript numeral Reply with quote

winalways wrote:
Hello!

I am preparing an article for a journal and a necessary condition there is the citation should be in the form of a superscript numeral. Whenever I try with default bibliography tools or with bibus, the style is author's name in brackets. I could not get the style required.

Can anyone suggest me?

Don't use the OOo bibliographic tools. They are terrible. Have a look at Zotero. or bibus.

To get what you want from OOo try
Insert > Index and Tables > Index and Tables > Select Bibliography from Type and check Number Entry.
winalways

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Citation in the form of a superscript numeral Reply with quote

jrkrideau wrote:
winalways wrote:
Hello!

Can anyone suggest me?

Don't use the OOo bibliographic tools. They are terrible. Have a look at Zotero. or bibus.

Insert > Index and Tables > Index and Tables > Select Bibliography from Type and check Number Entry.

Thanks for your suggestion. As you have rightly said, now I have started using Mendeley Desktop. Seems to be very good and powerful.

Thank you!
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Citation in the form of a superscript numeral Reply with quote

winalways wrote:
jrkrideau wrote:
winalways wrote:
Hello!

Can anyone suggest me?

Thanks for your suggestion. As you have rightly said, now I have started using Mendeley Desktop. Seems to be very good and powerful.

Thank you!

I forgot to mention Mendeley. I have it installed but have not been using it as ,so far, Zotero has satisfied me but Mendeley has some very nice features.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: