OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Question on displaying results of a query generated by form

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tigerpaw28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Question on displaying results of a query generated by form Reply with quote

I have a database I created to list VHS tapes and DVDs that I own. I've also created a form to use with it, wherein a user can search the database by entering a title, entering a studio, selecting a screen format (wide/full/both/any) from a dropdown list, selecting a release format (VHS/DVD/both/any) or enter no information at all (which results in the full database being returned). After setting the search parameters, the user clicks a button on the form which runs a macro to do three things:

1. Create the SQL query
2. Execute the query
3. Display the results of the query to the user

I have the first two working without issue. However, I'm at a loss at how to accomplish the last part. I thought I could feed the query to a report, but I couldn't find any examples of how to do so with a query that isn't saved as a Query.

-Tigerpaw28
RPG
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Use the Basetools extension of Benitez.

Romke
Tigerpaw28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks. I think BaseTools will do what I need, though now I'm running into a problem with that. I have the following code set up:
Code:
Sub RunQuery_UponPress(Event As Object)
GlobalScope.BasicLibraries.LoadLibrary("BaseTools")
oForm = Event.Source.Model.Parent
QR="SELECT ""Video"".* FROM ""Video"" WHERE (((""Video"".""ReleaseFormat"") Like '%" & oForm.GetByName("Released").text & "%' ) AND ((""Video"".""VideoFormat"") Like '%" & oForm.GetByName("Media2").text & "%' ) AND ((""Video"".""ScreenFormat"") Like '%" & oForm.GetByName("Screen").text & "%' ) AND ((""Video"".""Title"") Like '%" & oForm.GetByName("Tibox").text & "%') AND ((""Video"".""Studio"") Like '%" & oForm.GetByName("Sbox").text & "%'))"
RunCmd.OpenSQL(QR)
End Sub

But when the code is triggered, there's no output. Am I misinterpreting the purpose of OpenSQL?

-Tigerpaw28
RPG
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

The most important thing you donot understand is the filter working of a form. Each form does have a filter property what is the where part of a query. When you fill in that part and reload that form then you see the result. This is done by the filter sub in the basetools.

A form is a query and you extend this query with an other where part. You can easy test this when you put is a test in the filter of your form. Or use the formfilter and see what is in the filter property

Romke
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: