OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Cross references in Master Documents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brakeman Bob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Cross references in Master Documents Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I am relatively new to Open Office and I am trying to make a booklet with 9 chapters and I want to have the chapter title eg "Day 1 : Meiningen" appear in the header for each chapter.

I have followed the procedures laid out in Writer Guide Chapter 13 - "Working with Master Documents" to the letter - the chapters were created using the same Template, as was the Master Document. Each chapter starts with the chapter title using the same paragraph style (Heading) and the paragraph style text flow for Heading has "insert page break before" checked as per the manual. The chapter title is set as a cross-reference with the insert reference set to "Reference". The header has the cross reference inserted, also set to insert "reference" and in the individual chapter document everything works as it should do.

The problem when all the chapters are collected in the Master Document. First, the cross references in the Headers disappear and then if I insert them again the same header appears for every page in whole booklet. I have tried putting text sections with page breaks in between eash chapter but that didn't make any difference and I have made sure that each cross-reference has a different Name, with the same lack of effect.

I am sure that it will work when I get it right but I am at a loss what to do next. Any suggestions on the way forward to my goal would greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: