OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Problems on Open Office with accentuated characters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joan Luc Lab`orda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Problems on Open Office with accentuated characters Reply with quote

I use Open Office 1.1.1 installed on a Fedora Core2 machine and i get troubles when trying to type accentuated characters (like "" , "", "" ...) : respectivly é, è, are the charaters typed insted. Evil or Very Mad

That's a problem specific to the open office application : in other applications the characters are fine.

Somebody has any idea ?
heggarty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Problems OpenOffice accentuated characters Reply with quote

I have what appears to be exactly the same problem with the same combination. Two points I have noticed that may help. 1. Cut and paste of accentuated characters in existing text typed elsewhere works fine so the problem seems to be keboard related. 2. Using the control key plus the desired accent key gives you the accentuated character required, eg CTRL+KEY 2 (key for the number two) gives (e with acute accent) on the French Keyboard I use. I don't pretend to understand why but it may help someone who does sort the problem out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: