OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Open Office or MS Office 07

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nissansunny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Open Office or MS Office 07 Reply with quote

Hi, I've just purchased a new computer. My old system had an older version of Office on it(03 I think). So now I have many Word and Excel docs, which I need to transfer over to the new system.

I have a copy of MS Office 07, which I can install with which I should be able to see the files.

However, I'm must wondering whether I should ditch Office altogether and go with Open Office, which apparently is able to view older Office files anyway. Thx.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try it and see if it works for you.

OOo can't always correctly handle complex formatting in Word documents and it will not support MS macros but it should handle most of the rest. Be aware that Calc formulas use semi-colons instead of a commas as separators (=IF(True;"T";"F") which should be handled automatically when you open an Excel file but you need to know for new formulas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: