OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Need Macro for Mouseover Image Field

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdritchey
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Need Macro for Mouseover Image Field Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a database setup with image control fields working correctly in form view. However I have several images per record, and what I would love is to have the images as thumbnails and display full size in a larger image field upon mouseover. Or perhaps the image button field with arrows is an easier way to accomplish this? I'm unsure the best way to proceed here and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Steve
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your records are related to zero, one or more pics you should make a list of pics and a third list mapping your table IDs to the picture IDs. This is called a many-to-many relation.
A main form holds your initial list of data, a subform holds picIDs and pic descriptions related to the main form's selected record, another sub-subform has one picture control showing the picture you select in the subform.
Elegant solution along the intended application design without a single line of stupid Basic code.
sdritchey
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see how this would work. A quick question though as I spent only a brief time exploring subforms when I setup the database, and I'm not very familiar with them.

Why do I need a subform and a sub-subform? Could I merge the pic ID list with the main form? Could this list be populated when I manually add the images in the form vs setting everything up on the backend ahead of time. The list changes frequently. I need to see the thumbnails on the main form, and I have no need for image descriptions and the like. Just images.

Thanks for the help!
Steve
r4zoli
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only full image can be used in forms, no thumbnail feature supported.
sdritchey
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r4zoli,

To clarify, what I mean by 'thumbnails' are really just normal image controls sized to thumbnail size. The image shrinks to the size of the image control.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: