OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Recovering Missing "Customer" Table

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jstar
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Recovering Missing "Customer" Table Reply with quote

I have been working on a db for thee weeks and have been able to view it as the "customers" file in tables. Yesterday I was not able to open it. I have been told I can recover it but cannot find any recovery or recover instructions under search base.

Help
peterroots
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If something goes wrong while an openoffice.org document is open, OOo will, usually, automatically offer you the chance to recover the document when you next start OOo. If a document is damaged or removed by something, outside of OOo then it is gone, though you may find tools that can get the data back. For example, if you can still see the file on your hard drive, you may be able to open it in whatever programs you may have that can open a zip file - this will let you see what is in your OOo file (they are only zip archives really). From here you may be able to recover some of your data.

Returning to your backups is the best option (you have been backing up haven't you?) as this is by far the simplest and quickest way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: