OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

This site sucks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick Murray

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: This site sucks Reply with quote

I ask one simple Qouestion and i get the run around being told I have messages and there are none in my in box. I think if I had to do it over again I would not!!!!!!!
Ed
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want someone to try to help you then you have to be more polite, and give more specific information on the particular problem you were experiencing than saying something "sucks".

Also I don't know where your experience of "asking one simple question" comes from as according to your profile you have never even posted anything except this post!
Ed
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received two private messages from this user:

Title "I have been trying"
Quote:
All day to get one simple question answer and have been disrespected by the staff here I am very frustrated with quality of service here

Title "in resonce"
Quote:
I am not here to make friends but get the service they claim to provide I am very close to reporting the to the BBB

To Patrick Murray:
As I said in my previous post, l if you want anyone to try to help you then you need to politely provide enough information for anyone to be able to help you. Saying something "sucks" is not enough information for anyone to be able to help you, and it also comes across as rather rude and does not make anyone feel inclined to volunteer their own time to try to help you.

If you can post specific details of what problem you were encountering then someone may be able to help you.

Also, you refer to having asked a question, but where did you ask it? On your profile it says that this thread is your only post, so it doesn't look like you actually posted your question on the forum in the first place.
therabi
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed wrote:
I just received two private messages from this user:

Title "I have been trying"
Quote:
All day to get one simple question answer and have been disrespected by the staff here I am very frustrated with quality of service here

Title "in resonce"
Quote:
I am not here to make friends but get the service they claim to provide I am very close to reporting the to the BBB

Ed, from the two replies you show above it seems the Pat has been taken in. I have seen quite a few messages in the Users mailing list like it. A web site charges for a link to OOo and "provides support" though a mailing list or forum, the catch is that the support is provided by people like the ones here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: