OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How to get a page style to show up in Stylist (F11) [SOLVED]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnroger
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: How to get a page style to show up in Stylist (F11) [SOLVED] Reply with quote

:roll Nothing I've tried in a week on this make a page style I have created show up in the F11 stylist. My latest understanding of one way that should work:

- Create a page style
- save as > template >my templates > "04 Preface" (unique name)
Try to make it usable this way:
- F11
- New style from Selection
- (Load style from selection is empty so must be Load Styles)
- Load styles
- My Templates
- highlight 04 Preface
- check Pages and check Overwrite (nothing named 04 Preface to start with)

- NOTHING and no change in page style in either box on upper or lower tool bars.

Would you believe I can find no info on Google or here so far on the last steps to load a page style? What were they thinking?

this problem seems somewhat widespread. Looking at 20 pages in Google on Page Style, these last few steps to make a Page Style appear in Stylist are not given.

Last edited by johnroger on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
johnroger
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: The answer to this belongs on this page at least (url given) Reply with quote

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Loading_styles_from_a_template_or_document#Updating_a_style_from_a_selection
pitonyak
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your page style does not show up on the list, but, you have created it, then, look at the bottom of your styles and formatting window. There is a drop-down there. I have it on "applied styles", which would mean do not show your style unless it is currently used in the document.

change this to "all styles" to see all styles (used or not). You could also choose custom styles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: