OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Paragraph Styles: WW-Preformatted Text and others

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larrymcg
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Paragraph Styles: WW-Preformatted Text and others Reply with quote

Using OO 3.1.1 I've been having some problems with unwanted styles and unwanted changes to styles so I've been reading the help and on-line user guides. I've learned some useful stuff but there is much I still don't understand. Here's an example.

I have an odt file where the default, simple styles I use (almost none) are working fine. But, if I look into the "Styles and Formatting" window and display all paragraph styles there are tons of styles and I have no idea where they came from. They definitely don't appear in a new text document. For example:

WW-Preformatted Text
WW-Preformatted Text1
WW-Preformatted Text11
WW-Preformatted Text111
... etc. up to
WW-Preformatted Text11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Similarly for WW-Index and WW-Caption.

They all seem to be really simple styles and, for example, all the WW-Index ones seem to be the same.

None of these styles show up in the list of Applied Styles.

Can someone tell me where these come from?

--Larry
shades49
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you paste from the web or other source, it will bring in the style of whatever you pasted. If that style is already used, then it will add a number, hence the ...111111 at the endV My guess is that you pasted several times and the style kept adding the number at the end, every time you pasted.

It is best to paste as unformatted text (In Mac it is CMD + SHIFT + v; so I imagine it is CTRL + SHIFT + v). When you do that a window appears asking whether you want formatted or unformatted text. It is normally best to choose unformatted.
larrymcg
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! That makes sense. I have pasted stuff in from the web and have deleted a lot of that stuff too.
Cheers,
Larry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: