OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

pdf page jump hyperlinks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xabache
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: pdf page jump hyperlinks? Reply with quote

in html <A HREF="#codeword">Blue Words</A>
jumps to this location <A NAME="codeword">
when imported from an html file my other off pdf hyperlinks function fine leading to outside websites but none of my in pdf links (page jumps) are working. i have seen pdf do in pdf jumps using the index and table of contents before, but this may be different, and i do not know how to access the critical data on these type of links as they appear as an imbeded function. can i jump from one unspecial spot to another like <a href and <a name allow in html or similar but within pdf? if so how? if not why not and is there any similar function i might not know about?
Ranko Kohime
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: pdf page jump hyperlinks? Reply with quote

Xabache wrote:
in html <A HREF="#codeword">Blue Words</A>
jumps to this location <A NAME="codeword">
when imported from an html file my other off pdf hyperlinks function fine leading to outside websites but none of my in pdf links (page jumps) are working. i have seen pdf do in pdf jumps using the index and table of contents before, but this may be different, and i do not know how to access the critical data on these type of links as they appear as an imbeded function. can i jump from one unspecial spot to another like <a href and <a name allow in html or similar but within pdf? if so how? if not why not and is there any similar function i might not know about?

I'm afraid I can't tell you why Writer is not automatically converting those links, but I can give you Writer's analogy for this, which does successfully convert to PDF, at least when I use the PDF export, instead of print to PDF. (Print to PDF breaks all internal links as I recall.)

In Writer, inserting a "Section", has the same function as <A NAME="codeword">, and the shaded line shows roughly whereabouts the </A> would be.

You can then make any piece of text a hyperlink, and the code follows this format, minus the quotes: "codeword|region"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: