OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Text not displaying in Spreadsheets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbabco

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Text not displaying in Spreadsheets Reply with quote

I just installed OpenOffice.org 3.2.1 OOO320m18 (Build:9502). Most of my text is not displaying in my spreadsheets. In the spreadsheet I'm looking at (which was created in Excel), the entire spreadsheet is in Optima font. The only text that displays is that which is bold. By looking at the box at the top of the page, I can see, for instance, that cell C157 has the date 10/01/2010 but the cell in the spreadsheet is blank. If I make it bold (or italic) it displays. In another spreadsheet, it was the opposite: bold text would not display but plain text would. I am using Mac OS 10.6.5.
- -
After closing out the spreadsheet and opening it, I see that now everything is displaying correctly.
- -
However, if I open a new spreadsheet and without changing any defaults enter a number, it displays in the entry bar above but not in the cell, after I hit return. If I change the font to Optima (default is Aria), now it displays.
- -
Any idea what's up here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: