OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Word Count Per Section

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karyn Knight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Word Count Per Section Reply with quote

Hi

I'm a writer and I'm using Open Office to write a novel using headings (which automatically have "Chapter" and the number for heading 1, the name of the chapter is heading 2 and "Scene " and the number and name is heading 3) and then the text is "text indented" style.

I've already found out to get an accurate word count of the entire novel by using the find function for the text indented style.

However, what I would really like is a way to get the word count for each chapter and scene.

I.e. count all the words between each heading 1 (to get chapter count give or take a few words) and count all the words between each heading 3 for approx. scene count.

Is there any way to do this? I need to have an idea of how long each of my chapters & scenes are especially in relation to each other without have to highlight each one individually.

Thanks for any help you may have
Karyn Knight
ftack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am afraid this is a feature request. A great deal would be solved if there were an easy way to select an entire section at once, but I do not know a way for this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: