OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Setting the nudge distance in OpenOffice Draw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JannieT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Setting the nudge distance in OpenOffice Draw Reply with quote

I am trying to draw a house plan in OpenOffice Draw and would like to use the keyboard to position objects precisely (ten times less work than any other method). It seems, however, that the distance of an arrow key move is related to the scale of the drawing. Is there a way to specify the distance an object moves when the arrow key is pressed without changing the drawing's scale value?
wattsjs
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Nudge value Reply with quote

The arrrow keys jump between grid settings (or at least until you get to sub-millimetre values - a bug?)
So go to Tools - Options - Draw - Grid and set your gridding to whatever value you need and (my suggestion) don't subdivide (no intermediate points)
JannieT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Nudge value Reply with quote

wattsjs wrote:
The arrrow keys jump between grid settings

I wish it did, but it doesn't.
regina
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movement is 1mm in 1:1 scaling. If you have another scaling it moves still with this distance, but this distance has another meaning. This movement does not depend on zoom. The distance is relative to the drawing.
If you hold down ALT-key together with the arrow-key, you get a movement relative to the screen, I'm not sure whether it is one or two pixel. If you use a zoom of 1000% you will move only a little distance in the drawing, if you use a zoom of 50% the distance is larger.
There is no way to make moving with arrow keys depend on the grid. You have to use the mouse to use snap to grid features.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: