OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Time column only showing 00:00:00's?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
softwarezman
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Time column only showing 00:00:00's? Reply with quote

Ok, I'll try this again... so far nobody has posted to my earlier post, maybe this one will get somebodys attention!

Right now i'm building a database for work (in the AirForce) and am trying to create a table where I will insert target information along with a time it was created. The column itself is set to the Time type with HH:MM:SS as the default. I can insert the times in there and I KNOW that it updates it in the database (have my console open at the same time making sure it inserts properly), but for some reason it will NOT show the correct time! At first I had it setting up decimals as in 01:00 was something like 0.04 and then somehow that stopped but now it just shows 00:00:00 no matter WHAT I put in there? Can anybody PLEASE help! This is a huge project at work that i'm building and I am stuck on this seemingly simple problem. Please PLEASE help!
softwarezman
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i'll reply to my own message I guess. I read another post that mentioned different drivers causing the problem? I am using the latest release of MyODBC being 3.51.9. Could that cause the problem? I am totally stumped as to why this is happening. The posting here references the exact same situation I am having. Can somebody please help me out?
softwarezman
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well again I will reply to my own post. It WAS the problem... pretty crazy. Installing 2.5.39 or whatever it is of MyODBC fixed that, of course now I get nice little decimals that you have to change the colum formatting to get to look right... oh and it doesn't seem to want to 'stick' to the time format, and thats kind of anoying... oh AND it won't let me modify anything with 2.5.39 drivers, even with the IgnoreDriverPrivileges checked... and thats REALLY anoying. Good times...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: