OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

compare rows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeraldL
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: compare rows Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet with 4 sheets. Sheet 1 contains 22652 rows, sheet 2 contains 22975 rows and sheet 3 contains 13790 rows. I need to compare sheet 1 against sheet 2 and then sheet 3 to find any matching rows. If a match is found I then need to place the matching row from sheet 1 into sheet 4. In the end sheet 4 should only contain the rows that are present in sheet 1 and either sheet 2 or 3.

I have tried using loops to compare the rows from sheet 1 to all the rows in sheet 2 and 3, this works but is very slow.

Can anyone point me in a different direction that hopefully runs faster.

thanks
gerald
pitonyak
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can compare rows in the same sheet using the queryRowDifferences method:
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/sheet/XCellRangesQuery.html

I am not aware of any method to quickly compare two sheets. You may find the section in my Macro document titled Searching a Calc document to be of interest. I compare the times to obtain the cell data using different methods.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: