OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

OpenOffice in the workplace, added restrictions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjolly28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: OpenOffice in the workplace, added restrictions? Reply with quote

in my current job i have recently been assigned tasks which require a lot of work using spreadsheets and obviously the platform that my employer users is OpenOffice.

After attempting to create a basic macro it came to my attention that it was somehow unusable( ...and i know what your thinking and i already changed the security setting to allow any macros with no success.) so in vain i contacted IT to simply ask about the restirctions and if i could have them removed. the response was somewhat less than helpful"

"open office is a free spreadsheet alternative to Excel as we could not afford the Microsoft licence" ...useful so far.... "We have not placed any restrictions on it, we merely downloaded it and doubt sun micro systems would appreciate us fiddling about with their code. "

The man clearly knew nothing, so i thought i would share the response as it is utterly hilarious but also to hope one of you could shed some light on these mysterious restrictions?

thanks
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show us the macro and maybe we can help you out. You might also explain what the macro is suppose to do.

The only restriction on macros that I know of has already been addressed by you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: