OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Writer not showing comments inserted by a MS Word user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbaggia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Writer not showing comments inserted by a MS Word user Reply with quote

Hello,

Please can you help?

I'm doing a distance-learning course. My tutor uses MS Office, so I needed to check that she could read my coursework and I, her comments.

So, I created a document using OO Writer, and saved in two formats (.doc and .rtf). She can read both no problem. However, I cannot see the comments that she has made within my document.

If I open the document with MS Office, I can see some of my words highlighted in red, and a text box in the right margin of the page. However, in OO Writer, I cannot see the highlighting, or the text box.

I did some googling, and found a thread on a different site about the same issue, but that said that OO v. 3.0 would fix this problem. I am using 3.2.0... Sad

Any ideas, please? I don't want to revert to MS Windows after two very happy years of Linux use, but my studies are important!

Many thanks in advance.

Just to add, I am using:

Ubuntu 10.04.2 Lucid Lynx
OpenOffice 3.2 OOO320m12 (Build:9483)

Thanks,
Masood
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: